Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Toy Story...

Hey All,

Last weekend I took my son on his first ever trip to the movies. I thought it'd be really fun to see the Toy Story double feature that's playing. I remember really enjoying it as a kid and figured he might like it too...turns out I was wrong. Go figure.

First of all for those who don't know, my son is 3. While my boyfriend has been itching to take our son to the movies for about 2 years now (and that's no exaggeration), I've been kinda reluctant to shell out $8 for a movie I might not get to watch. My reasoning was that a kid that young would never sit through an entire movie.

Anyway...my son did in fact sit through the entire movie. BUT the poor kid was miserable after he ran outta popcorn and m&m's and chocolate milk...and the 3D glasses were entirely way too big for his head.

While he was still munching on his popcorn though, I couldn't help but notice all the adult content in that movie. I'm sure you've all heard of all the hidden images/messages in Disney films; normally I find them amusing - but I've officially resolved to not buy my son a Mr. Potato Head anytime soon for fear that he just might try to recreate the scene where Mr. Potato Head plucks off his lips and proceeds to gesture in such a way as to tell the slinky dog to kiss his butt.

And my son probably would too. He did after all come home and begin reciting line after line from the movie (keep in mind this is the first time he's ever seen Toy Story). My personal fav: He just finishes putting on his pj's, is clearly half asleep, but turns to his father and says "You are one sad, strange little man," - I honestly dont think I've ever laughed so hard in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not embarrassed to admit that my girlfriend and I went to see Toy Story without the accompany of a child. But yes, I definitely did notice all the "Pixar" adult humor. Several times during the movie, including when Mrs, Potato head is shoving things up Mr. Potato Head's rear case where I had to put my hand over my mouth so I wouldn't be the creepy college kid laughing out loud.

    ReplyDelete