So while walking around campus today I found myself wondering where the hell Fall went...I mean did I sleep through it or something? We had Summer (what little good weather we had after all that rainfall) and now Mother Nature has apparently decided to go straight into Winter. It's pretty friggin cold outside.
Anyway, I'm watching the news right now and the most interesting thing that happened today was the crashing of a huge helium balloon thing out in Ohio. The contraption looks a bit like a humongous mylar balloon one sees at children's birthday parties...and I guess some family in Ohio built it for a reality TV show they were going to be on. What makes this "Breaking News" is that the family's 6 year old son supposedly climbed into the basket shortly before the balloon took off and now the boy is missing. When the balloon crashed down, the boy was nowhere to be found.
What's interesting is that I've seen the same video clip of the balloon crashing down about 10 times now...and every news anchor covering the story has said the same exact thing, but the family who's son is "missing" has yet to comment on the story. If the boy is really missing - it's highly possible that they could be busy searching for the boy or in too much of a shock to comment on the day's events - I know I would be, but usually they have reporters on the scene trying to harass the family into talking or they're just camped out in front of the family's home or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
eh...turns out the kid was hiding in the attic the whole time...my guess was the basement or garage - close enough I guess.
ReplyDeleteThats funny. Seriously when I was reading through your post I was thinking to myself "well what the heck did they theink happened to the boy?" I mean did they think he flew away or evaporated or something. Not surpirsed that he ended up in the attic. At least they were searching in the general vicinity of up when they found him. (As opposed to if they discovered him if a decidedly down position after falling from the up position in the ballon.) Kids are crazy I tells ya!
ReplyDelete