Thursday, November 12, 2009

Creating a Production...

Hey all,

Since we're talking about the production process this week I thought I'd share my own experiences...

First off I'm very much a newbie. I'm taking Television Production this semester and it's my first real, hands on media class. It's a ton of work, but I actually kind of like it.

Preproduction work is sometimes a real struggle. In TV Prod. we don't by any means have to do the extensive research or talent/location aquisition that one might have to do with a professional production because everything is right there available for our use. I think I'd go insane if we had to do all that for a 200 level course. Lol. Preproduction is definitely the biggest hurdle we need to clear in the whole production process...

Next comes the actual production. This is pretty straightforward. You already have the script, the talent, the location etc. all you need to do is shoot the thing. The biggest challenge here, at least in TV Prod. is trying to get good shots and film the entire production in the time alloted. Time flys when your trying to produce a 5-6 minute product.

We havent dealt too much with post production yet. There isn't much editing and/or sound mixing going on in Comm. 215 because it's shot in much the same way a live newscast is...you get a rehearsal or two and then you begin recording - not very many second chances. We do get to watch what we've created though - which is always fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment