Hey all,
Lol. So I'm on babysitting duty tonight. I don't quite know how I got suckered into watching three extra children - specially when tomorrow is a school holiday. Anyway there's three girls aged between 2-10 plus my son who is 3...so it's a full house.
My house was in a state total chaos until I found a Yo Gabba Gabba DVD and I have to tell you I have never in my life ever seen children so entranced by the televison. Even the 10 year old is dancing and singing along. I wish I had a webcam to show you all just how these kids went from screaming banshees to mindless zombies in 2.5 seconds. The transition is pretty funny and the dance-along is hilarious.
Personally, I don't quite see what's so great about the show, but maybe that's just because I'm 22 and grew up on shows like Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers - you know shows that actually made sense. For those of you who haven't seen the show (as I'm sure most of you haven't) the whole show is reminiscent of an 80's cartoon/variety show complete with cheesy music, graphics, and cartoon transitions.
There's a weird array of characters on the show including some skinny guy dressed head-to-toe in orange spandex complete with fuzzy hat to top off the ensemble, a funky green thing with long arms, a yellow robot, a cat (I think), some pinky poofy thing that I've been told is named Foofa, and a bumpy orange thing (an alien?) that looks eerily like an adult toy. Somehow they also managed to coax celebrites to guest spot on the show as well...so far I've seen Jack Black, Sean Kingston and Mya.
This is entertainment now?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment