Hey all,
This is kinda late, but viewed High School for a Comm. class last week. While I probably wouldn't have watched the film on my own, I found a few spots in the film pretty funny.
The film documents the day-to-day in a high school (duh!) in the 1950's? 60's? The film includes some pretty boring everyday high school happenings like Morning Announcements, English and Home ec. classes etc. but it also includes more interesting events like students completing a space shuttle flight simulation, students getting in trouble, and Sex Ed. class.
Comparing high school then and high school now was pretty interesting. Aside from one cooking class, I don't think I've ever taken a home ec. course - and sewing wasn't even offered. Lol. I used to think the computers in our computer labs and the audio equipment we used in some classes was pretty dated - that is until I saw the clunky typewriters and humongous record players the students and faculty were using. Pretty funny that that stuff was once "state-of-the-art."
I got a huge kick out of the Sex Ed. classes. In the Sex Ed. classes I've taken, I seriously think they stopped separating the girls from the boys in 6th grade. To see 15-18 year olds taking a segregated Sex Ed. course was pretty funny...at least to me. The information the instructors were doling out was even funnier - One male teacher told his class of all boys about how the women run the home, balance the checkbook etc. etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment