So I had to watch two episodes of CSI:Miami this week for Comm. 229. Now I love crime shows. Law and Order, the First 48, Unsolved Mysteries. They're great shows...they keep you on the edge of your seat waiting for the conclusion. CSI: Miami - eh, not so much. The pilot episode was horrible - at least I thought so.
The CSI's find clues and piece together information way too easily - it's not very realistic. I'm sure some cases may very well be 'open and shut' deals that are easily solved, but a triple homicide/missing persons case that involves 2 locations and a crappy, uncooperative witness? Come on. That's too tough a case to solve simply by finding some bullet shells, a barrette, and a sweet smelling hat etc. all one right after the other.
I do understand that CSI's writers present their story the way they do due to time contraints and whatnot. I guess I'm just not a huge fan of how CSI gift wraps a crime investigation into such a neat and tidy little package. That coupled with the dry humor made me wonder how the series ever got picked up. Give me some suspense, keep me guessing, suprise me - I like more 'filling' to the shows that I watch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It does seem a little ridiculous. I've hardly watched any of these crime shows before. I wonder how the episodes of CSI: Miami have progressed since the pilot came out in 2002--are they more in sync with reality?
ReplyDelete