While trying to avoid my mountain of homework yesterday, I found myself on YouTube yet again and discovered this...
Now I love videogames as much as anyone else who plays them, but I can't decide whether or not this is really really cool or really really creepy. Perhaps it's a little of both. I mean who, honestly, wants to have a little virtual boy in their TV? Especially one who can get to know you and read your facial expressions, remember your mom's birthday and whatnot? Just a tad creepy - after all who knows what that little boy will learn should you forget to shut the stupid thing off. Although, it would be pretty funny if I could leave it running and then program him to somehow yell out "Chris is home! Chris is home" as my little brother tries sneaking back into my parent's house late at night. Garenteed he'd never sneak out again. Lol.
As cool as it looks though, I'm curious as to whether or not this thing will actually work like it does in the promo videos. Its for the xbox 360 which means its from Microsoft...and uh we all saw what happened with Vista.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is a tad creepy i think. The Milo thing that is. I love video games but i mean what is the point of this. Why cant we just interact with other people rather than a fake virtual person. That's just weird. Its crazy technology but a bit to weird for me. I'll stick to first person shooters and sports games on my Xbox 360.
ReplyDeleteUnbelievable! Technology is advancing so much faster than I would have ever imagined. Do we really need to start interacting with virtual characters like Milo? Whatever happened to just calling someone up on the phone or visiting a neighbor. Are we eventually going to live vicariously through video games in order to eat, sleep and breathe?
ReplyDelete