I came across this video while chatting with a friend(Thanks Lizzie!!!). Anyway I found it to be quite interesting.
As media students I'm sure we're all aware that the ways in which we communicate with one another are constantly changing. Many of our major communication methods today didn't exist 5-10+ years ago (Twitter, Instant messaging, YouTube video posts etc.).
We also know that the world is getting smaller; technology brings the world to us by giving us the capacity to chat with someone halfway across the world with the click of a button or read an Egyptian newspaper while sitting at a desk, in a dorm room, in New Jersey.
What I find absolutely mind boggling are the actual numbers. Yes I know millions of people use the internet every day, but I didn't know how many millions. I was only vaguely aware of the fact that more people visit Myspace, Facebook, and YouTube each month than they do news sites like ABC or NBC. I had absolutely NO idea that Michael Jackson's death was considered much more important than the Iranian election. Who'd have thought?
PS: I tried embedding the video, but technology hates me today. Go figure. As wonderful as media/technology can be (bringing the world together and all) it sure can be a real pain in the arse sometimes. Sorry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment