Thursday, September 10, 2009

Some people say...

I don't typically watch Fox News for anything other than catching up on some local news stories. Watching OutFoxed pretty much reminded me why.

As the documentary pointed out, the stories that are given priority are horribly biased. And more than once my favorite shows have been interupted for uber important 'Breaking News' alerts that turned out to be not so important - yes I still remember the 'Martha Stewart met with her probation officer' and the 'Bennifer' alerts. Who cares? Umm not me.

The obvious bias is probably what's causing more and more people to turn to shows like the Colbert Report and the Daily Show for their news nowadays. Myself included. I don't want to watch O'Riley yell at his guests to 'Shut up!' - I thought the whole point of having guests on a show like that was to talk to them...silly me. I find the dose of comedy that Stewart and Colbert throw into their respective shows refreshing and extremely entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment