Monday, November 9, 2009

It's that time of year again...

Hey all,

Sooo it's that time of year again - time to pick out your classes for next semester. You get to spend hours (ok ok 15-30 minutes) devising the perfect schedule that allows you sleep til 10am and yet still be done with all your classes by 1:00pm. You also get to stay up til 3am trying to log onto infobear and beat out 25 other people for a spot in the classes that you want - only to find out the class is full and you need to quickly rework your schedule before all your alternates fill up too. Fun times. Ugh.

And forgive me as I rant a little bit more, but...

It's also the time of year where we're in that sort of limbo between the Halloween and Thanksgiving holidays...Sooo why the hell are we already being force-fed Christmas crap? Lol. Is it just me or does anyone else think that retailers jumped on the xmas bandwagon a bit too early this year?

Don't get me wrong -I love the holidays as much as the next person, BUT I'd like at least a week or two to recover from my halloween candy coma before I'm even able to set eyes on the latest Santa lawn ornaments that are not only inflateable but animated too. Where did Thanksgiving go? I saw fully lighted xmas trees on display in some stores the day BEFORE Halloween - it's as if Thanksgiving has completely dissapeared. I've also noticed the Hershey Kiss and Walmart holiday commericals making the rounds. *sigh* It's only November 9th and I'm already kinda sick of hearing Silver Bells.

3 comments:

  1. Loved the section on picking classes, you would think that they would have come up with a better system by now huh? And couldnt agree more with Thanksgiving falling off the map and the crazy christmasaholics that go a little overboard with the decorations.Believe it or not this guys house is only a five minute drive from my house... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUpQR4n_rYI

    ReplyDelete
  2. scratch that site...its the first house on here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhWY-JTZcR0&NR=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. How the hell do they sleep at night? Lol. It's like broad daylight out. Those are gonna be a major pain to take down and I dont even wanna think about their electric bill.

    ReplyDelete